Thursday 25 June 2015

5% Return on this studio in Bloomsbury WC1






I know, I know, this studio isn't the most attractive of properties, but it's not too bad inside and the building does benefit from a 24 hour porter. Russell Court, Woburn Place is a popular 1930s mansion block, close to Universities so perfect for the student crowd or perhaps a young professional looking for their first rental property.

This particular property has come to the market with an asking price of £310,000, which seems to me to be fairly reasonable. One thing you might want to do at some point is to upgrade the kitchen and bathroom as they are original and looking quite dated now. 

We have rented a couple of similar properties in this block and would expect you would be able to achieve around £300pw. Doing my calculations, you are looking at a potential yield of 5%, before taking into account any service charges that may be due. Always best to do your homework before taking the plunge

These high yield'ers don't hang around for long as there are a lot of potential landlords looking to buy and as soon as these tasty ones come to market, they get snapped up very quickly. So don’t hang around!


Investing in property, can be scary, but as long as you are well informed, it shouldn't be a disaster. I want to make sure that anybody looking to jump into being a landlord, does it the right way. I will always give my honest opinions on what does and doesn't work well. Together we can get it right for you. Why not pop in for a cuppa when you are next in tow, my office is on Cleveland Street. Give me the heads up and I'll make sure the kettles boiled ready!

No comments:

Post a Comment